As a team Autism Goals have worked in the Education Field for many decades. Much of our work has been in the Student Well-Being area in all sectors and stages of schooling. We have worked with children with psychological disorders and their families. Our passion is to help children reach their full potential, which is not always maximised. This is often due to them not being able to fully access and Immerse themselves in learning opportunities. It is at this point that Autism Goals: ASD School Advocates comes into its own.
- Children are our future.
- Each and every child has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world.
- The thinking ‘outside of the box’ approach of children with autism is something this world, right now, is in desperate need of.
- Education will lead people and communities to respect, accept, and embrace the differences between us all, as the core of what makes life such a rich and fascinating tapestry.
That if we help children learn, by teaching them at their point of need, they will lead the way.
- We need to show them all the beauty in the gifts they possess
- Education and learning are the portals into a future where children with ASD can live and contribute to a caring, safe, and equitable society
- That families and educators along with other professionals have a responsibility to help and guide children to become responsible for themselves, as well as their own learning.
We will help:
- Children with ASD develop their potential by identifying their strengths and guiding them to see and believe in those strengths themselves.
- Them to use those strengths to overcome the challenges that need to be supported.
- Children to discover who they are, so they can express their own opinions and nurture their own ideas.
To accomplish these:
- We need to build a supportive and protective team around our students so that their needs are met, and that they as learners can feel capable and successful.
- We will endeavour to work as part of a team with families and the school, to develop learning goals that are relevant and authentic and that involves the interests of the child.
- We will advocate to have their learning connected into a context that encompasses their passions and interests.
- We accept that advocacy team has a role to play in ensuring that children living on the spectrum have the tools to become successful in life, to believe in themselves and to feel good about themselves.